Albert camus quotes on life on absurdism, existentialism

Albert camus

Albert Camus, a prominent philosopher and writer, often explored themes of absurdism, existentialism, and the human condition. Here are 36 Albert camus quotes on life from him:

  1. "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
  2. "Live to the point of tears."
  3. "Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken."
  4. "Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
  5. "Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is."
  6. "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
  7. "But in the end, one needs more courage to live than to kill himself."
  8. "You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."
  9. "Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better."
  10. "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
  11. "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
  12. "To create is to live twice."
  13. "The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."
  14. "Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present."
  15. "Always go too far, because that's where you'll find the truth."
  16. "We all carry within us places of exile, our crimes, our ravages. Our task is not to unleash them on the world; it is to transform them in ourselves and others."
  17. "Life is the sum of all your choices."
  18. "There is no love of life without despair of life."
  19. "In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love."
  20. "In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile."
  21. "In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm."
  22. "I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t and die to find out there is."
  23. "Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?"
  24. "To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others."
  25. "What is a rebel? A man who says no."
  26. "There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide."
  27. "At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman."
  28. "One recognizes one's course by discovering the paths that stray from it."
  29. "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."
  30. "Man stands face to face with the irrational. He feels within him his longing for happiness and for reason. The absurd is born of this confrontation between the human need and the unreasonable silence of the world."
  31. "There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night."
  32. "There are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for."
  33. "Without culture, and the relative freedom it implies, society, even when perfect, is but a jungle."
  34. "Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth."
  35. "There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy."
  36. "The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

Deepnous

I am a passionate writer of shayari, poems, and ghazals, and an avid reader of philosophy and self-help books. On my blog, you'll find original themed shayaris and writing guides, along with book reviews and recommendations. Join me in exploring the beauty of words and literature.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post